Saturday 7 April 2018

Placemats are done

I was sewing along last night with others in cyberspace.
I kept working on these trees with scraps of green. They made up lovely placemats.


There was a group sewing day today and I finished off the placemats.
Got them bound in different ways.
The lighting from the glare made the photos hazy.

I followed this YouTube tutorial.



Here they are finished and I'm happy to say I really like the rolled over edge where the borders end up @ 1.25". After quilting the backing was cut at 2.5" larger than the actual placemat.
The edges turned and sewed. I'm really happy with how they look. I'm sure the recipients will love them too.

And here is the reason for blurry photos...
https://jobutterfield.blogspot.com.au/2018/04/blurry-photos.html

I'm linking up with Val and her Tuesday Archives with PLACEMATS.
http://myplvl.blogspot.com.au/2018/04/hello-hello-and-happy-tuesday-archives.html

7 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your placemats are lovely Jo. They look so pretty and fresh xx

Maria said...

Great placemats Jo .
I watched the tutorial and it's a good way to make placemats.

PaulaB quilts said...

Those trees are just charming, Jo, and the wide binding makes a very nice frame. Enjoy using them!

kiwikid said...

Beautiful Jo, I am sure they will be loved.

Linda said...

Great set of Christmas placemats. Love the little trees 🌲.

dq said...

I love your cute tree placemats. I will be making those same trees this month. Thanks for sharing where you found three pattern.

jacaranda said...

Love your placemats.